Ever since childhood I’ve wanted to keep a pen friend and it finally happened now after 30 odd years! 🙂 My beautiful pen friend Madhusmita always inspires me by her writing but this time and in the past as well she inspired me to keep writing by nominating me for the Sisterhood of the World Bloggers Award. Thank you Madhu! I found Madhu through a post on WWW Wednesdays and since then our friendship has grown from online to offline though I am still to meet her! She shares my love of writing letters! Have been so lucky to find a friend with whom I can exchange the snail mail!
Blogging awards initially intrigued me a lot! I used to wonder who controls them, who nomites, who owns them etc etc… but soon I realised how it was democracy at its best! All awards are by the bloggers, of the bloggers and for the bloggers! A way to encourage and support us through our blogging journeys :).
Like every blogging award, this one has a set of rules to ensure that it is able to spread the ripple of encouragement through the blogging world.
1. All recipients need to thank the giver
Lots of love and gratitude to Madhu and her labour of love – dreamz and clouds for nominating Lime ‘n’ Lemony for the award! It brought a huge smile on my face and a twinkle in my eye! 🙂
2. Post 7 things about yourself
Here they go:
- I already mentioned one of it earlier; I love writing letters! And I love the whole process of it. To get the thought of writing to someone; to bring out the paper and pen; to put down the letter; to find the address; to post it; the wait of it to reach the recipient and the joy of when it reaches and sometimes when you actually get a response not by phone or email but by another letter! 🙂
- I love volunteering. For almost half my life, I have been an active volunteer around various causes with multiple organisation and also as an individual. My love for volunteering led me to start another blog – Volunteer Weekly – dedicated to celebrating volunteerism.
- I love cooking. Food for me is very sacred and I strongly believe in the magic of the secret ingredient – love – in all my cooking!
- I want to learn singing. I have been collecting the lyrics of some of my favourite songs and till now I haven’t graduated beyond a bathroom singer but hopefully one day! 🙂
- I relocated to Luanda, Angola, Africa last week. It’s just been a week and I’m looking forward to absorbing and being absorbed by this lovely city! 🙂
- I have recently discovered the magic of Art with Heart. Handcrafting pieces of art and gifting them to strangers. The whole practice has been a healer for me. One just the act of transforming a blank piece of paper into art and second of letting go of that art without even putting my name on it. It has taught me a lot about how I hold on to so many things in life.
- I’m a bit of a cleanliness freak. Even though my sister’s name is Monica; my friends have always said I resonate a lot with the character of Monica in Friends.
3. Pass the award on to 7 other bloggers of your choice and let them know that they have been nominated.
I have recently fallen in love with Do-it-yourself crafts. And so this time I would like to nominate some of the people doing awe-inspiring DIY stuff at home!
And the nominations for this year’s Sisterhood of the Blogger’s award are:
4. Include the logo of the award in a post or on your blog.
Already done that! 🙂
Happy Holidays and lots of love and gratitude for the nomination and to the nominees!