It’s amazing that the day I write about the importance of recognition for volunteers, that I myself get a recognition from a fellow blogger – dreamz and clouds! The two aren’t so different. Volunteers serve selflessly and a little appreciation from the organisation and community makes them feel like they belong. I think the same holds for the blogging community. There are 100s and 1000s of bloggers and each one is trying to serve the larger community by sharing a piece of their lives and when an unexpected award (even if its virtual) comes your way, it makes the sharing and writing so much more enjoyable. 🙂 Madhusmita nominated me for the Liebster Award. Thanks a lot Madhu!
I started lime ‘n’ lemony as an online diary. Just to share my ramblings that didn’t fall under any category! :). Slowly interactions started happening with other bloggers and I was part of a smaller community amid the big one. I also made some very good friends, whom I have never met but felt a connection just by means of our posts!
Liebster Award is an award for bloggers with less than 200 followers and for who someone believes deserve some recognition for their blogging. This is a good way to encourage people to visit new/interesting blogs. The rules of the award are –
- Each nominee must link back the person who nominated them
- Answer the 10 questions which are given to you by the nominator.
- Nominate up to 10 other bloggers for this award who have less than 200 followers.
- Create 10 questions for your nominees to answer.
- Let the nominees know that they have been nominated by going to their blog and notifying them.
No. 1 is done right at the beginning!
For number 2, I love the 10 questions Madhusmita has put up.. I hope I do justice to her questions here:
1. What do you like best about blogging?
Expressing myself and connecting with new people. Finding ideas about things people are doing and learning from other’s experiences!
2. What is your favourite post on your own blog till now?
To be able to choose a favourite post on my own blog will be like making a choice between your own creations. If I call one good then does that make another one bad? I can therefore not choose a favourite. However I can say this that all the posts under the family tag are closest to my heart, especially in loving memory of Amma and Bauji which I wrote in the train while coming back from my granddad’s funeral. I feel it’s a privilege to be brought up in the presence of grandparents and many of my cousins missed that opportunity. That post was my tribute to my grandparents and a little of them that I wanted to share with the rest of the family.
3. Are you a tea or coffee person?
Again do I need to choose? Early in the morning I love a cup of filter coffee. All through the day I sip cups of green tea and when it rains I crave for a cup of shudh desi masala chai (Indian masala tea) with pakoras (fritters)!
4. What did you want to be when you were little?
I wanted to be like my mom! Always on the run and still have time for everything! I still think she is a superwoman J and I still want to be like her!
5. Three things you would not leave home without?
Vaseline, my smile and some pens & blank paper (recent love of making message cards for strangers!)
6. What makes you happy?
Love; connecting with strangers; putting my trust in strangers and finding it reciprocated; happy news!
7. What is the most craziest/different thing you have done that even you had not expected of yourself?
still waiting for the craziest thing…I want to try bungee jumping one day!
Till now I think being able to switch careers, being a perfect homemaker and balancing life is what I had not expected myself to do so beautifully 🙂
8. What is the name of the book/movie (or both) that touched you the most?
You can heal your life.
9.What is your dream destination?
I would answer it for the place I want to finally settle in and not a vacation place. Goa! Have been there infinite number of times and still can never get over it 🙂
10. If you were granted three magic wishes, what would you wish for?
To be able to time travel – I’ve always heard my parents say “In our times…” I would love to experience that! 🙂
To be able to fly – and reach at any place without worrying about modes of transport and tickets!
To be able to get invisible – Just imagine what fun it would be! 🙂
My nominees for the Liebster Award are (It was difficult to find blogs with less than 200 followers!):
The 10 questions I would like to ask:
- How did you choose your blog’s name?
- What do you like to write about most?
- What are the three things that are always there in your bag?
- If you had to give away one of your possessions right now, what would it be?
- What would you do if you knew that you couldn’t fail?
- If you had a choice of either going back in time or going in future; which one would you choose?
- What is your style of vacation – backpack or luxury?
- An e-book or a real physical book? What is your kind of book?
- What is your favourite book to movie adaptation?
- In the 10th question, I just want to say good luck! And give you a free way to tell us anything about yourself!
Phew!!! I didn’t know it would be so much work to go through this :). Not saying that I didn’t enjoy answering Madhu’s questions or coming up with 10 question’s that I would like to ask other bloggers; but right now I wish it was a bit easier 😛
Good Luck! And I’m off to informing my nominees 🙂